Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I keep losing my original postings on Facebook!

Tuesday 12/29/09
I worked out this morning in a freezing cold gym- didn't pre-warm the room but heard that working out in the cold increases the metabolism. I could see that because my body was working hard to stay warm!

I started out with the intention of doing a short cardio work out on the eliptical (had only 4 hours of sleep) for 20-30 minutes.

I began my workout on the eliptical machine (my machine of choice!)
I use as a motivation podcasts by Podrunner. The particular workout I'm using takes you from 5K-10K in about 20 weeks. I'm on week 8 towards a 5K which is I believe about 3.5 miles. The podcast keeps you on pace with music using a bpm (beats per minute) of ~128-145. Even though I can spend an hour on the eliptical, this helps me increase my pace.

I alternate days where I keep pace with the workout and days where I perform interval training with it. Today I did interval training. I kept pace for 10 mins, then began intervals of 10 secs fast, 10 secs slower (to bring down the heart rate) for 5 minutes and then resumed pace for 5 minutes.
Once I warmed up and then adrenaline started pumping, I felt the urge to keep going! I gave into that urge and did 50 minutes of cardio with 5 minutes of alternating intervals. 5 minutes at pace, 5 minutes of intervals 10 secs fast, 10 secs slower.

Alivia, my 14 year old daughter, ended up joining me in the WFC (Wilson Fitness Center) so I couldn't stop my workout too soon- you know had to keep up the image-. I ended up doing my "Body Sculpting Wrkout" #2 day 2 instead of waiting until later in the day.

I'm gonna save a draft NOW before I lose this note!

ok now that I saved that much I'll go a little further..

Did 4 sets of each each excercise for 12-15 reps. The method of the superset is to complete the first exercise, go to the second and then repeat the first with minimal rest (90 secs) inbetween. Complete 4 sets before moving onto the next set of exercises.

Concentration Curls 20,20,25,20 lbs
Tricep pull down with rope 60 (too heavy), 45,45,40

Hammer Curls 20,25,25,20lbs
I missed the ez curl close grip press and EZ preacher curl) so I alternated this exercise with
Close-grip dumbell press 20,20,20,20

Bent-over Lateral Raise ( I used the bands) 23,23,23,23lbs
Front Raise 15,18,18,15lbs

cool down on eliptical for 3 minutes
saving draft....

ok Then we had to hurry and run to make the baseball tournaments! Next posting to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment