Sunday, January 24, 2010

Gym Excursion Today

I must say right from the top," I love my gym" (Fultons Fitness).  It's important to find a gym where you feel comfortable. For some, their gym of choice may be the large gym chain, while for others the coziness of the smaller gym may be more perferable.  I tend to feel lost in the larger gym establishments and prefer the smaller and more seemngly-personal gyms (just my experience) ....but everyone must find their preferance so that they don't mind spending time there!


Today was interesting because my daughter was invited to go to one of the larger gym establishments only because they had a full basketball court and she had hopes of getting in some work on some of her bballing techinques. Well the plan fell through, so she was left with that itch in her fingertips.  You ballers know what I'm talking about.

After brief discussion, we decided to go in search of a gym so that she could get her game on!  We stumbled upon this place we had been meaning to check out, not because we were in search of a fitness gym, but we wanted her to have somewhere to go during these cold winter months when her outdoor court was not an option.


So we entered this facility and was able to "charm" the young lady into foregoing the $10.00 per person guest fee.  I would have to categorize this place as being a "medium" sized facility.  It had a separate room for strength and weight training, cardio room, warm up room, 4 raquet ball courts, swimming pool and two gyms with full basketball courts.  Needless to say, Alivia headed straight for the courts while we found our way back to the cardio machines.

We both headed to a corner where we found 2 eliptical machines with attached personal tv screens. We plugged in our ipods, programmed our elipticals for 45 minutes and started our workout journey. 

I must say that while I enjoyed the fact that Alivia was able to get her game on in the gym, I missed the coziness of my own gym.  Nothing beats having everyone know you by name if not by face (though I'm sure some familiarity would come with time).  I couldn't circuit train efficiently because the strength and weight machines were in a completely different area so if I had left my eliptical to do a circuit of weights, I would have lost the use of my cardio machine!  We completed 40 minutes of workout before we noticed that the room had emptied- oops forgot to check closing time!  While Alivia excitedly told us about her pick up game, I couldn't help but fondly think of the comforts of our Wilson Home Fitness Center and the next place closest to home- Fultons Fitness!  There's no place like home!

Tomorrow morning- Wilson Home Fitness Center!

No comments:

Post a Comment